Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar

Whenever I hear the words "Maximum Flavor", I can't help but think of Chef Adrianne Calvo, owner and chef at Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, at 11510 SW 147th Avenue. I know you're probably thinking, "Are you kidding me? That's a drive to the boondocks way out in Kendall." All I have to say is..strap on the seat belt 'cause it's worth it.

Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar

You have probably heard of her popular Dark Dining events held once a month at her restaurant. I've never done it but I hear it's quite the experience - suppressing your sense of sight with a blindfold while heightening your other senses as you bite into the unknown. However, I found that a meal at Chef Adrianne's, with or without the sense of sight, is a spectacular adventure. I recently visited her restaurant for the first time to attend a wine pairing dinner, and I walked out giddy and excited (and it wasn't the wine…not entirely).


Chef Adrianne's Signature Sangrias

I've talked to Chef Adrianne several times at foodie events and she is just as amazing in the kitchen as out of it. Down to earth with a genuine passion for her craft, she truly enjoys what she does and it shows. We started the evening with a glass of each of her signature Sangrias - the white with passion fruit and white wine and the red sangria with pomegranate juice, cognac, red wine and rum. They were both sweet and refreshing and a great way to kick off the meal. As we sipped, the appetizers started to make their way to our table and the presentation and color splash on each dish was impressive.


Oysters Two Ways

Fried Oysters
Raw Oysters
First off we had Oysters prepared two different ways. The first were fried then topped with pureed mango chutney, chives, and chili horseradish. The second were raw and served with a celery and horseradish mignonette. They were exquisite. Next up, we had one of my all-time favorite dishes: Raw Tuna over a salt block, prepared with yellow tomato gazpacho and garlic basil, a balsamic reduction, then finished with truffle oil. Are you making plans to head to Kendall yet? I could've licked the salt block.


Raw Tuna

Raw Corvina
Roasted Cauliflower Bisque
The Raw Corvina Tiradito followed, drizzled with sweet peppers, mint, chili, and  a sweet, orange vinaigrette. Each bite definitely provided a burst of maximum flavor that blew me away. To transition our palates into the hot part of the meal, Chef Adrianne created a Roasted Cauliflower Bisque, with poached maine lobster, fresh garlic bread crumbs and whipped ricotta.



Lamb Chops

Did I already mention that each course was paired with wine? Imagine the smile I had plastered on my face at this point. Excellent food and good vino? Now that's what foodie dreams are made of and as I contemplated this realization...out came the most tender, flavorful Lamb Chops, served with mint cucumber and jalapeno relish. They were pretty, oh so pretty and I wanted to kiss them before I ate them. (Again, that was not the wine talking.) We then sampled the Toasted Gnocchi, served over a pool of parmesan cream, next to a butternut squash puree and just a little bit of honey to activate the taste buds. The gnocchi were crowned with crispy kale and parmesan shavings. How does she come up with these things?

Toasted Gnocchi


She still had one more entree for us to try and that was the Crispy Quail with spicy brown mustard cognac sauce over a whipped palm puree. Juicy and with a slight kick, even I enjoyed it and I'm not a poultry lover.

Crispy Quail

Content, tipsy and happy I'm not too far from Chef Adrianne's, I saved just enough room for dessert. (No wisecracks please). A pyramid of light and refreshing Panna Cotta finished our amazing adventure, with a sweet raspberry reduction. It was perfect, as was the glass of bubbly Chef Adrianne bid us adieu with.


Panna Cotta

If you haven't gone to Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, you are missing out. For more information, visit their website or call them at 305 408-8386.


Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Their menu is small but at least they seem to do what they have on it well. At our fun team building activities for work they provided a variety of salads and sandwiches, and a fresh daily soup.

    ReplyDelete